These guidelines apply to all artists that hang their work at the ArtBar. You agree to them when you deliver your work to us. Read them, there’s stuff in here that could prevent your art from hanging at a show if you ignore them. Submissions are by invitation only. If you are interested in joining ArtBar, speak to folks at the prints table during a show and we can tell you what you need to do.
- Art needs to be delivered to Curators the Thursday night before the show between 5-8:00pm in the Lounge Bar at Two Brothers Roundhouse. Late work will not be accepted. If pieces need to be dropped off earlier, art can be left with the hostess at the hostess desk.
- Pieces must have wire hanging or saw tooth hangers attached to the back of piece/frame.
- Art MUST have a label with the following format:
NAME OF PIECE
PRICE OF PIECE
- Labels must be physically ATTACHED to the back of the piece
- Any piece without a label or with a lost label will be considered NFS
- The ArtBar shows last from 7pm to midnight the first Friday of the month.
- Pieces may be taken at the end of the night.
- If the piece is not taken, the artist can pick up the Saturday morning after typically between 9am to 12pm (times may be subject to change depending on the availability of Curators and Two Brothers Roundhouse).
- If the piece is not picked up within this time, Curators will need to be contacted for alternate pick up.
- If your piece is not picked up, or alternate arrangements are not made by Saturday evening, we will make best efforts to protect your piece and store it at Two Brohters but are in no way responsible for any damage, theft, or loss.
- If you can carry it, you can hang/show it…within reason (larger pieces may require special permission and may be denied).
- Prints must be of sufficient quality as judged by Curators. Low-quality prints reflect poorly on everyone and may not be accepted.
- Prints MUST be signed. It secures the credibility of the print.
- No variant prints without explicit approval.
- Count your prints! Before drop off, confirm the number you’re leaving with us.
We do not charge fees. That being said, we are run completely by volunteers and pay for incidental materials through donations and our own pockets. There are some ways you could help out:
- Please consider providing your own bags for prints. We’ve also seen that this helps them sell, folks ALWAYS look at the pre-bagged prints, assuming they’re higher value and worth protecting.
- Volunteer to help staff the sales table – you’re never on your own, there’s always an ArtBar person to help.
- Sales are the responsibility of the individual artist. The ArtBar does not charge any commission on sales. Keep your money…we just want to promote your art.
- The ArtBar does, however, have a sales booth for you to sell prints and original work.
- We take inventory during setup and artists can cash out near the end of the show.
- Earnings must be picked up during the take down time frame.
- No copyrighted materials.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. This includes reproductions of pre-existing work. If you have to to ask if your work is different enough - it's not.
- We reserve the right to reject your work and not hang it.
- ArtBar takes no commission from their Artists and is run by volunteers.
- We must insist you conduct yourself in an appropriate manner at all times.
- You are responsible for leaving the venue as clean as you found it.
- You hang work at your own risk. We make best efforts to keep your work safe, but cannot be everywhere at once.